LINER FOR CANAL LINING
We play an important role in providing water for irrigation
The demand of water keeps on increasing, especially for irrigation in most of the agricultural areas. To reduce this problem, Liner for Canal Lining have been constructed so far to carry water where it is needed, as the natural water is not sufficient for the agriculture.
The Canal Lining is an impermeable layer that is offered for the bed and sides of the canal. Geomembrane has been used as a water canal liner to control leakage and is an alternative to more traditional lining methods such as concrete and compacted soil.
MACRO HDPE Geomembrane Liner for Canal Lining is a viable alternative to concrete and compacted earth for lining canals and dams to reduce seepage. In addition, leakage is greatly reduced as compared to soil or concrete standalone systems.
While RCC concrete veneers can still break down over time, the geomembrane remains under the veneer to prevent seepage until the concrete is repaired. The breakage or any damage to canal liners has to be taken care of. Otherwise, canal liners can be protected with a layer of backfill or by placing the liner under a conventional concrete canal.
HOW TO USE LINER FOR CANAL LINING
ADVANTAGES OF MACRO HDPE GEOMEMBRANE AS CANAL LINER
- Leakage loss reduction to maximum extend: The Liner for Canal Lining is beneficial as it is permeable in nature, resulting in the prevention of water loss because of seepage.
- Raising of Groundwater Level: Another advantage of liner for canal lining, is it prevents water logging, which results in increasing the groundwater level.
- Reduction in Maintenance Cost: The smooth surface promotes a higher flow rate, which means it reduces the dimension to move an equal amount of water, resulting in lower maintenance costs.
- Increase in channel capacity and hydraulic efficiency: The Liner for Canal Lining, prevent the loss of water by automatically result in increasing the capacity and hydraulic efficiency.
- Easy to handle, spread, and transport: It is a simple process of spreading the liners for canal lining. The team of experts put the liner down to the bottom of the pond and up the other part.
- Protection from floods: An unlined canal founded on a weaker foundation is always in danger and a breach may occur. However, the help of strong concrete lining removes all such dangers and protects from the flood.
- Immunity to chemical action and quick erection: The Liner for Canal Lining, such as HDPE geomembranes, are mainly resistant to chemical action, which makes perfect for the lining of canals that carry chemically-laden water. Apart from that, it is quick to install, which reduces the cost of labor and time of construction.
- Protection against erosion of channel edges and bedding: Liner for Canal Lining helps to prevent erosion from the edge and the bedding of the canal by offering a durable and stable surface. Which results in the reduction of the risk of structural damage and maintains the canal’s operational efficiency over time.
PE LINED CANAL
OUR TOP RANGE OF PRODUCTS
MACRO SHEET INDIA LIMITED lays emphasis on developing innovative products that are more reliable, robust, resistant to contaminants and cost-effective, even in developing countries.